Khabib vs Tony fight is set for UFC 249, April 18 2020 in Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, United States. This is a 5th time that UFC booked fight between these and it never happened.Is it going to happen this time?
So let’s take a look how many times this fight was booked and always something happened and fight was off.
The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale – December 11, 2015
- canceled by Khabib – rib injury. Ferguson instead fought Edson Barboza in a fight he won by second round submission
UFC on FOX 19 – April 16, 2016
- canceled by Ferguson who was ruled out after suffering a lung complaint. Khabib instead fought Darrell Horcher won by second round TKO
UFC 209 – March 4, 2017
- canceled by Khabib just one day before the fight due to difficult weight cut. Khabib ended up in hospital and fight was off – one more time
UFC 223 – April 7, 2018
- canceled by Fergusson – bizarre injury: Fergusson tripped over a cable in a television studio while promoting the fight and suffered a serious knee injury
UFC 249 – April 18, 2020
- is it time for Khabib to cancel the fight? Or 5th time is the lucky one for this fight?
December 14, 2019 Tags: Khabib Nurmagomedov, Tony Ferguson, UFC 249