Former middleweight champion Alex Pereira is set to face Jiří Procházka for the vacant UFC light heavyweight title. Pereira believes Procházka will be an easier opponent for him than Jan Błachowicz.
A new, powerful contender has emerged in the UFC’s light heavyweight division. Former middleweight champion Alex Pereira made his debut as a 205lber last month at UFC 291, and now he is set to compete for the vacant title against Jiří Procházka. Pereira’s impressive performance against ex-divisional kingpin Jan Błachowicz earned him a spot in the rankings at #3.
Pereira, known as ‘Poatan,’ is confident in his ability to stifle Procházka’s unique offense on the feet. He believes that the majority of their championship contest will take place in the striking realm, making Procházka an easier opponent for him than Błachowicz.
While Procházka may have surprises up his sleeve, Pereira has shown significant evolution in his ground game and submission defense. This development gives him confidence in avoiding the fate that his mentor Glover Teixeira suffered at the hands of Błachowicz.
Stay tuned for more updates on this highly anticipated matchup.
|Alex Pereira def. Jan Błachowicz|
- Former middleweight champion Alex Pereira is set to compete for the vacant UFC light heavyweight title against Jiří Procházka.
- Pereira’s victory over Jan Błachowicz earned him a spot in the rankings at #3.
- Pereira believes that Procházka will be an easier opponent for him than Błachowicz.
- Pereira has shown significant improvement in his ground game and submission defense.
Persons mentioned in the article:
- Alex Pereira
- Jiří Procházka
- Jan Błachowicz
Topics mentioned in the article:
- UFC light heavyweight division
- Alex Pereira’s debut as a 205lber
- Jiří Procházka’s return to the octagon